Saturday, January 7, 2012

Welcome To Occupy Your Opinion

You are welcome to post to this blog. Ask me to invite you
(OccupyYourOpinion@gmail.com)
and if there is a slot available (right now there are plenty), I will invite you.

If you didn't ask but were invited to post, you have been chosen according to the random criteria that when I looked at my address book and my email, I recognized your name and thought "Hmmm. That person is interesting. Why not?" If you wonder why you were not invited, even though I know you, it's because I didn't recognize your address.

Although intended for folks around the Burlington Vermont Region, I have invited some folks who are from the Equality Trust in Britain. If we are lucky, one of them will opine now and then on subjects of interest to Occupiers here and elsewhere. I will invite others from afar if anyone asks me to.

My hope is to create a forum for lots of Occupy supporters, and maybe friendly disputants, to make claims, challenge each other, argue their case, and generally stimulate each other to stronger more powerful thought.

The blog format is like a forum or "bulletin board", but in my opinion, is much more friendly to read and comment. My goal for this blog is to fill a gap in our present constellation of media.

Any one who would like to post is welcome to request authorization. Blogger allows up to 100 authors. So people who don't respond or do not use their slot can be dropped from the list if ever there is demand enough to need the slot.

I hope you'll accept the invitation, and I hope you'll use it. I'd like this to be a lively forum for news, discussions and mayhem of many kinds, and you're participation will help it to happen!

Stephen Marshall

1 comment:

This is a moderated blog. Thank you for respectful and topical remarks. The right to block persons for reasons of hate speech is reserved.